The JESSOP Consultancy is a heritage practice that specialises in understanding historic buildings and their settings.
It was founded in January 2012 to provide expert advice relating to all aspects of the historic environment, in particular the survey and analysis of buildings, structures and designed landscapes.
All our core staff are experienced professionals and Corporate members of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists.
The practice has offices in Sheffield, Lichfield and Oxford and regularly undertakes commissions throughout the UK. Our in depth understanding of the planning process combined with our extensive experience of providing a wide range of heritage and archaeological services means that we can offer our Clients targeted solutions to their individual project.
Our services and experience include:
- Planning Advice - Listed Buildings, Designated Heritage Assets, Conservation Areas & Scheduled Monuments
- Heritage Statements
- Conservation Statements
- Archaeological Desk-based Assessments
- Heritage Appraisals (buildings and archaeological sites)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Metric survey of historic buildings and structures
- Archaeological analysis and interpretation of heitage assets
- Buildings Archaeology
- Architectural analysis and documentary research
- Industrial archaeology
- Analytical earthwork and landscape survey
- Garden archaeology
- Detailed building recording
- Structural Watching briefs
- b/w record photography (35mm and medium format)
- Laser scanning
- Drone survey of hertiage assets
- Specialist survey and research of graffiti, mason's marks, carvings and wallpaper
- Sampling and analysis of paint and mortar
- House histories
- Estate surveys of built heritage features
- Lecturing / talks / public tours of heritage sites and features