The JESSOP Consultancy is a heritage practice that specialises in understanding historic buildings and their settings.
It was founded in January 2012 and undertakes commissions throughout the UK from offices in Lichfield, Sheffield and Oxford.
The practice has a particular expertise in understanding the historic environment, specifically in regards to the archaeological recording and analysis of Listed Buildings, Landmark Structures and Designed Landscapes.
The Jessop Consultancy provides these services on a UK-wide basis to developers, planners, architects and master planners. Our in depth understanding of the planning process combined with our extensive experience of undertaking a wide range of heritage and archaeological services means that we can provide our clients with personalised solutions to their particular issues.
Our expertise includes:
- Archaeological Consultancy - historic buildings
- Planning Advice - Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas and Scheduled Monuments
- Historic building survey and analysis
- Architectural documentary research
- Desk-based Assessments
- Heritage Appraisals
- Structural Watching briefs
- House biographies, or histories
- Industrial archaeology
- Archaeological landscape survey
- Estate surveys of built heritage features
- Analytical earthwork survey
- Analysis of historic gardens
- Public speaking
- Detailed building recording
- b/w record photography - 35mm and medium format-
- Laser scanning
- Specialist survey and research of graffiti, mason's marks, carvings, paint, mortar and wallpaper