The JESSOP Consultancy is a heritage practice that specialises in recording and interpreting historic buildings and their settings. It was founded in January 2012 to provide expert advice relating to all aspects of the historic environment, in particular the survey and analysis of buildings, structures and designed landscapes.
The practice operates from Yorkshire, The West Midlands and Oxford and regularly undertakes commissions throughout the UK. All our core staff are experienced professionals and Corporate members of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists. Our combined experience of working within the Historic Environment allows us to provide a range of heritage and archaeological services that offer targeted solutions to each individual project.
Our services and experience include:
- Planning Advice - Listed Buildings, Designated Heritage Assets, Conservation Areas & Scheduled Monuments
- Heritage Statements
- Conservation Statements
- Heritage Appraisals (buildings and archaeological sites)
- Archaeological Desk-based Assessments
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- The archaeology of buildings
- Architectural research
- Industrial archaeology
- Garden archaeology
- Metric survey of historic buildings and sites (inc. photogrammetry and laser scanning)